Will my insurance company cover the damage?
It is best if the insurance adjuster walks with a hail damage inspector that is experienced. Damage can then be called to the attention of the insurance adjuster. Hail damage can be hard to spot by an untrained eye. We are ready to help you ensure that any damage will be fixed.
Do I have Hail or Storm Damage?
To determine if you have hail damage, an inspection of the shingles needs to be made from the roof. Our inspection teams are certified in determining damage not only to roofs but siding, windows, paint and gutters.
How Does Damage to a Roof Occur?
There are various situations that can cause damage to a roof. We specialize in re-roofing wind and hail damaged roofs in the Northeast Colorado areas. If there have been high winds or hail in your area, you may need your roof replaced or repaired. Call Elements Roofing to have a professional roofing contractor inspect your home or business roof. We offer a free roof inspection and estimate and specialize in insurance claims.
How does wind damage occur?
The main cause of wind damage is a result of the partial vacuum created by wind blowing over the edge of the roof. Nature tries to neutralize the low-pressure area by bringing in air from a higher pressure area, usually from inside the building. This air pushes up on the bottom side of the roof assembly and, over time, loosens fasteners and breaks the adhesion making the roof susceptible to damage from the next moderate or strong wind. To counteract the effects of wind-uplift forces, the roofing and insulation should be adequately fastened to the roof deck, and a securely-fastened perimeter detail should be provided.
Did you know?
- Roofing materials subjected to high winds and flying debris can experience damage.
- Most roofs are not designed to withstand strong winds of hurricane or tornado intensity.
- Roofing systems can be damaged by moderate winds of 50 to 75 miles per hour.
Hailstorm? Call Elements Roofing ASAP!
Hail damage to your roof is not always visible from the ground. The only way to know if your any part of your roof has been damaged from hail is to physically inspect it. For safety reasons, do not try this yourself. You'll be better off calling us, the experts, right away.
Did you know?
- Leaks are not the only signs of roof damage.
- Roofs being replaced in your neighborhood are a definite indication you have hail damage.
- Shingle manufacturers will no longer warrant their products when exposed to any acts of God, such as hail storms or storms of unusual intensity.
- Your roof warranty may no longer be in effect due to the storm, according to manufacturer's warranties.
- Hail damage will show 2 to 3 years down the road, way after the storm has passed.
- Most insurance companies require the homeowner to file a claim within 180 days of the date of the loss, i.e., storm.
Is Your Roof Leaking?
The majority of roof leaks are a result of improper roofing installation of roof flashing or defective flashings. Improperly installed shingles, storm or hail damage, gutters that aren’t draining properly and inadequate ventilation are other common problems resulting in a roof needing repairs. Many times a roof that is leaking creates an emergency situation in your home or business.
Since many roof leak repairs are a result of incorrect installation on the part of the original installer, it's important to find a roof repair contractor in the Northeast Colorado area with experience and expertise in the materials of your particular roof system.. Every material is unique and some require specialized knowledge. For example, metal roof repair requires a different set of knowledge and skills than shingle repair, tile roof repair, or flat roof repair.
Did you know?
1. Improperly installed flashing around skylights, chimneys, and roof valleys often necessitate repairs
2. Repairs will remedy leaky stack pipes or vent pipes.
3. Leaky roofs that are missing roof shingles or other materials should be repaired to avoid greater damage.
4. Roof leaks also come about from exposed roof nails.
5. We provide emergency roof repairs from storm damage.
Our mission at Elements Roofing is to provide top quality products, excellent workmanship and outstanding customer service to you, our customer.
~ Bonded ~
~ Insured ~