Always get referrals from local roofing companies.
- Companies that have existed in your area are invested into the community. It is easier to find out if they are a good company.
- Their knowledge of local climate will allow them to adapt to any problem unique to your home.
- If any problems arise in the future they will be there to help you.
- Most important is that the local rules and regulations are also known by them.
- Local roofers will also be able to help you get the most out of your insurance company.
- Beware storm chasers. They will offer you a cut-rate price but are not licensed or bonded in your area.
How do I find a good local roofer?
- Local roofers are easier to find.
- They will have already done work in the local community and asking around will let you find out if they are the roofing company for you.
- Check your phone book. Yes, they still exist! A roofing company that is settled in your area will also have a local office and can be found in your phone books. They will also be registered with your County Chamber of Commerce.
- Check your search engine. Google, Yahoo, Bing or what ever you use will have information on local roofing companies. Keywords like ” sterling colorado roofing company” should get you to the right place. Be wary of fly-by-night companies that post ads but have no real presence in your area. Also watch out for websites that exist only to find roofers for you. They make money by anyone that will post an ad. Even the BBB does this.
- Check Facebook. Search in Facebook for “your city, roofing company”. Do they interact with the community? Do they have likes?
Never cut yourself short by skimping on research for the right company in your area. Your roof protects your family and investment into your future. Avoid companies that offer cheap roof repairs as it may cost you more in the long run. Common sense will get you though the tough times and allow you to feel more secure in your decision on what roofing company to use.
Submit your review